Even as Covid-19 continues to stare us in the face, farming still goes on. To provide information that helps shape farm business decisions, a series of virtual Risk & Profit Mini-Conferences are planned for Wednesdays, starting Jan. 13. Topics, presented by K-State Research and Extension agricultural economists, include livestock options; beef market outlook; domestic grain markets and outlook, macroeconomic and interest rate outlook; ag policy and farm bill; ag technology and farmland value interactive dashboard; farm profitability; agricultural finance; and international grain markets and outlook for 2021. A fee of $20 provides access to all sessions, recordings and materials.
Mini-Conference online on Wednesdays beginning January 13, 2021. $20 for exclusive access to all sessions, recordings and materials. Register at www.commerce.cashnet.com/KSUAGECON (link is external). Questions? Contact Rich Llewelyn at email@example.com (link sends e-mail) or 785.532.1504.
• Wednesday, Jan. 13- Session 1 (noon-12:45 p.m.): Brian Coffey – Using Options to Hedge Livestock Sale or Purchase. Session 2 (12:45-1:30 p.m.): Glynn Tonsor – Beef Market Outlook
• Wednesday, Jan. 20 - Session 1 (noon-12:45 p.m.): Dan O’Brien/Guy Allen – Domestic Grain Markets and Outlook - 2021. Session 2 (12:45 -1:30 p.m.): Brian Briggeman – Macroeconomic and Interest Rate Outlook - 2021
• Wednesday, Jan.27- Session 1 (noon-1:30 p.m.): Robin Reid and Jenny Ifft – Ag Policy and Farm Bill, Including ARC/PLC Election
• Wednesday, Feb. 3 - Session 1 (noon-12:45 p.m.): Terry Griffin/LaVona Traywick – Ag Technology Across Generations of Farm Operators and Farmland Value Interactive Dashboard. Session 2 (12:45-1:30 p.m.): Gregg Ibendahl – Farm Profitability
• No session Feb. 10 - Women Managing the Farm Conference: https://agmanager.info/events/women-managing-farm-conference
• Wednesday, Feb. 17 - Session 1 (noon-12:45 p.m.): Allen Featherstone – Agricultural Finance. Session 2 (12:45-1:30 p.m.): Guy Allen/Dan O’Brien – International Grain Markets and Outlook for 2021.
Stacy Campbell is an Agriculture and Natural Resources agent for Cottonwood Extension District. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Hays office, 785-628-9430.