LARNED — The Pawnee County Fair got into full swing Wednesday and continues today and Saturday in Larned.
Early events included last week’s fashion revue and the trap shoot; Monday’s Cat and Hand Pet Show, Pawnee County Community Dog Show and the 4-H Dog Show; and Tuesday’s judging of several exhibits.
Wednesday’s events included the horse show and exhibit judging.
Thursday saw several livestock shows. State representatives Brett Fairchild (R-St. John) from the 113th District and Tatum Lee Hahn (R-Ness City) from the 117th District met with fairgoers for a Legislative Coffee; team roping and more.
Here are some of the events scheduled for the next two days.
8 a.m. 4-H & Open Beef Shows
- 2 p.m. Livestock Judging Contest
- 4 p.m. Frog and turtle race
- 6 p.m. Pedal Tractor Pull (registration at 5); Watermelon Feed
- 6-8 p.m. Community Carnival
- 7 p.m. Ranch Rodeo, freewill donation; Beer garden opens
- 7 a.m. 2-mile and 5K Run (register 6-6:30), Larned Community Center
- 9 a.m. 4-H Bicycle Rodeo & Open Class Bike & Trike Rodeo (register at 8:30)
- 10 a.m. Round Robin Showmanship
- 11 a.m. Team Fitting Contest
- 1-3 p.m. Alumni Livestock Competition
- 4:30 p.m. 4-H & Special Awards Presentation
- 5:30 p.m. Glenn Mull Family Memorial 4-H Livestock Sale
- 6:30 p.m. Corn Hole Tournament (east of barn, register 5:45-6:30)
- 6:30 p.m. Livestock Buyers’ Dinner
- 7 p.m. Family Fun Night (freewill donation)
- 7 p.m. Beer garden opens